Department Chair: Dr. Craig T. Martin
Our department was founded in 1868 by Charles A. Goessmann, a student of the great organic chemist, Friedrich Woehler. More than 130 years later, we continue to provide not only the very best of mentoring for our undergraduate and graduate students, but also broad training in cutting edge educational methods, modern instrumental facilities, and original research. As the core of the chemical sciences on campus, we have numerous ties to other departments such as Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Physics, and Polymer Science & Engineering. Now, as at our beginning, we provide not only the highest quality of education and research, but also support to our community and our profession.