North Andover, Massachusetts lies along the banks of the Merrimack River and is surrounded by the Towns of Methuen, Haverhill, Boxford, Andover, Middleton, North Reading, and the City of Lawrence. The settlement of the town began in 1640 and was incorporated as Andover in 1646. North Andover is governed by an open Town Meeting form of government, a five-member Board of Selectmen and a Town Manager pursuant to a Home Rule Charter that went into effect in 1986.
Section 11 : Pages 1-10
Economic History Commons, Growth and Development Commons, Public Economics Commons, Public Policy Commons, Urban, Community and Regional Planning Commons, Urban Studies Commons, Urban Studies and Planning Commons