Currently Publishing Journals
- communication +1 provides a forum for exploring and sharing ideas about communication across modes of inquiry and perspectives. Its primary objective is to push the theoretical frontiers of communication as an autonomous and distinct field of research. Suspending any judgement regarding distinction between theory and practice, this journal encourages critical reflections on communication and seeks to encourage these reflections to and among those who place communication at the center of their thinking and writing. communication +1 is part of the Open Humanities Press and is indexed in the Directory of Open Access Journals
- The Journal of Hospitality Financial Management is the official refereed publication of the International Association of Hospitality Financial Management (iAHFME). Published twice a year, the journal is committed to featuring eading research in the area of finance, financial economics and accounting related to hospitality and tourism. The journal also features invited papers on special interest hospitality finance/accounting topics, viewpoints, research notes, book reviews and abstracts of papers presented at the Annual Symposium of the International Association of Hospitality Financial Management Educators (iAHFME). Research article submissions in this journal typically undergo a double blind review process. Some of the key criteria for evaluation include innovativeness of research ideas, rigor and quality of research, clarity, and relevance to the practice and/or education of financial management and accounting in hospitality and tourism.
- The Journal of Medicinally Active Plants is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal sponsored by the American Council for Medicinally Active Plants. The journal publishes scientific manuscripts related to the analysis, application, bioactivity, collection, conservation, cultivation, growth, harvest, identification, physiology, processing, and other issues related to medicinally active plant material.
- PALAT is a journal focused upon Asian hospitality, tourism, and leisure industries.
- P is an open access, peer-reviewed journal designed to promote interdisciplinary, theoretical and cultural studies focused on the countries of the Portuguese-speaking world and its diasporas.
- Founded in 2016 by members of Phi Alpha Theta, the national history honor society, the UMass Undergraduate History Journal is devoted to showcasing the diverse historical work of undergraduate students. This publication includes essays, book reviews, and historical reflections written either within or outside the framework of undergraduate courses. Authors may be history majors, minors, or non-majors who have interests in the study of history.
Published Conference Proceedings
- The Building Technology Educator's Society servies the community of academics and professionals who are involved most directly with the construction of the built environment. The mission of BTES is to promote and publish the best pedagogic practices, relevant research, scholarship, and other creative activity to facilitate student learning, advance innovation, and enhance the status of building technology disciplines in the profession at large.
- Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) Conference Proceedings is a collection of all selected academic works presented in oral and poster format during global or regional FOSS4G conferences on the development and usage of FOSS4G conferences on the development and usage of FOSS4G and open data.
- The Annual International Conference on Soils, Sediments, Water and Energy published their proceedings through ScholarWorks from 2006 - 2012.
- The Fábos Conference on Landscape and Greenway Planning is held every three years to bring together experts who are influencing landscape planning, policy making and greenway planning from the local to international level. It is intended to highlight recent trends and expand the literature about landscape and greenway planning. The aim is to explore how experts from around the world have approached greenway planning and to understand how greenways have been tailored to each county’s unique geographical, cultural, and political circumstances.
- The Society for Computation in Linguistics (SCiL) is devoted to facilitating and promoting research on computational and mathematical approaches in Linguistics. SCiL aims to provide a central forum for exchange of ideas and dissemination of original research results on computational approaches in any area of linguistics. In addition to providing a forum for researchers already working in these areas, SCiL hosts regular meetings that feature high-quality research presentations and peer-reviewed proceedings.
- The African Diaspora Archaeology Newsletter is a resource for archaeologists and scholars engaged in all aspects of the African Diaspora. The Newsletter will maintain a running list of articles that will culminate into two closed issues, Spring and Fall. The Newsletter addresses the subject areas of African diasporas worldwide and related archaeological and historical studies. Our Newsletter serves a readership of several thousand stakeholders, researchers, and educators across the globe. Earlier online versions and archives of the African Diaspora Newsletter, for the years 1994-2000 and 2005 onward, have been hosted by New South Associates and the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Contributions in Black Studies: A Journal of African and Afro-American Studies (CIBS) was a periodical publication of the Five Colleges, Inc. (Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, Smith, and UMass Amherst) that appeared more or less annually from 1977 to 1997.
- Dose-Response, the journal of the International Dose-Response Society, publishes original findings on the occurrence of dose-response relationships across a broad range of disciplines. Particular interest focuses on experimental evidence providing mechanistic understanding of nonlinear dose-response relationships. ScholarWorks contains volume 1 (2007) and volumes 3 - 12 (2014). For current issues of the journal, please visit https://journals.sagepub.com/home/dos
- Founded in 2008, Edge was a peer-reviewed, open access, interdisciplinary journal for German and Scandinavian Studies. ScholarWorks contains volume 1 (2009) through volume 5 (2015).
- Heliotropia is a peer-reviewed journal created to provide a widely and readily available forum for research and interpretation to an international community of Boccaccio scholars. ScholarWorks contains volume 1 (2003) through volume 8 (2011) and volumes 10 (2013) through 11 (2014). For current issues, please visit http://www.heliotropia.org.
- The International Journal of Soil, Sediment and Water incorporated manuscripts from the Annual International Conference on Soils, Sediments, Water and Energy. ScholarWorks contains volume 1 (2008) through volume 3 (2010).
- Landscapes of Violence (LoV) is dedicated to fostering dialogue between scholarly discourses on violence, conflict and trauma in both past and present populations. ScholarWorks contains volume 1(2010) through volume 4 (2016).
- mOthertongue is a student-run literary journal closely associated with the Comparative Literature Program at UMass Amherst. ScholarWorks contains volume 1 (1994) through volume 22 (2017) with some volumes missing.
- Rasenna: Journal of the Center for Etruscan Studies was published under the auspices of the Classics Department and the Center for Etruscan Studies at UMass Amherst. The journal helped the Center’s mission to advance and promote research on the Etruscans and their civilization within the academic arena as well as to the general public. ScholarWorks contains volume 1 (2007) through volume 5 (2016).
- SHARP News is the Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing’s quarterly newsletter. ScholarWorks contains volume 1 (1991) through volume 23 (2014). For current issues, please visit http://www.sharpweb.org/sharpnews/.
- The Warring States Project is a research institute, founded in 1993 within the College of Humanities and Fine Arts at UMass Amherst to provide an institutional home for the research of Bruce and Taeko Brooks on classical Chinese texts. Volume 1 became available in print in May 2012. The online edition will appear in ScholarWorks once the print edition is exhausted.
Browse the Journals Collections:
African Diaspora Archaeology Newsletter
Building Technology Educator's Society
Dose-Response: An International Journal
EDGE - A Graduate Journal for German and Scandinavian Studies
Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) Conference Proceedings
Heliotropia - An online journal of research to Boccaccio scholars
International Journal of Soil, Sediment and Water
Journal of Hospitality Financial Management
Journal of Medicinally Active Plants
Landscapes of Violence
Perspectives in Asian Leisure and Tourism
Portuguese Cultural Studies
Proceedings of the Fábos Conference on Landscape and Greenway Planning
Proceedings of the Society for Computation in Linguistics
University of Massachusetts Undergraduate History Journal
Warring States Papers