Download Full Text (3.6 MB)
This choice board invites students to:
- Explore the foundational features of democracy and evaluate whether social media platforms uphold these features in their community guidelines.
- Write a script for a TV show or movie that portrays Native Americans accurately and explores how Native American government shaped the U.S. government.
- Write an opinion piece about whether the Internet would have been a public utility in the Roman Empire.
- Compare how women Enlightenment thinkers are presented online to how women in science and politics today are presented online.
- And explore many more topics that are included in Critical Media Literacy and Civic Learning "Foundations of the U.S. Political System" Topic.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.
Maloy, Robert W. and Trust, Torrey, "Foundations of the U.S. Political System Choice Board" (2022). Digital Choice Boards and Interactive Learning Materials for Teachers and Students. 10.