Download Full Text (4.9 MB)
This choice board invites students to:
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve the U.S. ranking on the World Press Freedom Index.
- Critically analyze newspaper photographs.
- Write news reports about an issue from different perspectives and political leanings.
- Design an instructional tool that will help people to critically evaluate news sources.
- And explore many more topics that are covered in Critical Media Literacy and Civic Learning "Freedom of the Press and News/Media Literacy" Topic.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.
Maloy, Robert W. and Trust, Torrey, "Freedom of the Press and News/Media Literacy Choice Board" (2022). Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies Educational Materials. 11.