Download Full Text (3.5 MB)
This choice board invites students to:
- Explore how Frederick Douglass fought against slavery and for equality as a writer and a journalist.
- Create an interactive timeline about the history of the Black Press in the U.S.
- Explore Benjamin Banneker's Almanac and write almanac entries of your own.
- Build a 3D monument that showcases the accomplishments of pioneering African American women journalists.
- And explore many more topics related to the Black Press in the U.S.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.
Maloy, Robert W. and Trust, Torrey, "History of the Black Press in the U.S. Choice Board" (2022). Digital Choice Boards and Interactive Learning Materials for Teachers and Students. 12.