Download Full Text (3.3 MB)
This choice board explores how to:
- Write and draw a picture book about women's many roles during the American Revolution.
- Create an interactive StoryMap about the all-Black Women's 6888th Central Postal Directory Battalion in World War II.
- Design a TV series about Anna Strong and other women in espionage during wartimes.
- Code a story in Scratch about the life of Jeanette Rankin who worked for peace during war.
- Compare and contrast the roles of women during the American Revolution, the Civil War, World Wars I & II, the Cold War, and the American War in Vietnam.
- And explore many more topics that are included in Building Democracy for All "Influential Women" Learning Pathway.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.
Maloy, Robert W. and Trust, Torrey, "U.S. Women and the Wars Choice Board" (2022). Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies Educational Materials. 19.