Download Full Text (8.3 MB)
This choice board invites students to:
- Design a mural or sculpture for units of Asian American soldiers during World War II.
- Build an interactive timeline of landmark court decisions involving Asian Americans.
- Write and illustrate a non-fiction comic about the first Chinese American women Air Force pilots.
- Draw a movie poster or write a script for a TV show about the life and times of the last Queen of Hawaii.
- And explore many more topics that are presented in the resourcesforhistoryteachers wiki and Building Democracy for All eBook.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.
Maloy, Robert W. and Trust, Torrey, "Asian American Pacific Islander Choice Board" (2022). Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies Educational Materials. 25.