Download Full Text (5.0 MB)
This choice board explores how to:
- Describe the life of the first Black woman pilot Bessie Coleman and construct their own paper planes and fly them inside and outside.
- Design a digital story about Marian Anderson, a singer and Civil Rights activist, that connects her experiences to the experiences of Black people today.
- Explore the history of redlining in their state and draft a law that would address the issues that redlining has caused.
- Curate a digital collection about Black baseball players who weren't allowed to play in the majory leagues.
- And explore many more topics covered in Building Democracy for All "Black Lives Matter" Learning Pathway.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.
Maloy, Robert W. and Trust, Torrey, "Black History Month Choice Board" (2022). Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies Educational Materials. 5.