Call for Papers 51st Annual Travel and Tourism Research Association International Conference Victoria, British Columbia, Canada June 16-18, 2020 Abstract Submission Deadline: 11 January 2020
The Academic Co-Chairs of the 51st TTRA Annual Conference, Dr. Cody Morris Paris and Dr. Stefanie Benjamin, invite paper submissions from travel and tourism researchers. The conference theme is 20/20 Vision: Looking Forward, Looking Back and will focus on taking stock of the notable achievements of the past while discussing the issues critical to the future of travel research.
The "Setting the Research Agenda" sessions organized at the Melbourne TTRA 2019 conference helped shape several priority areas of the 2020 TTRA Conference. Conceptual, quantitative, qualitative, mixed-method, and state-of-the-art papers are invited. While papers that explore contemporary trends in travel and tourism research are also welcome, we are particularly interested in submissions that address the sub-themes outlined below:
- Climate Change and the Regenerative Economy
- Ruture transitions for climate change and tourism
- Business, Employment, and Supply
- Workforce development policies for the future
- Unpacking issues of representation, diversity and inclusion in the tourism industry
- Measurement of 'Success' in Tourism
- Taking a holistic perspective to KPIs, beyond simple numerical counts
- People-Centered Tourism
- First-Nations-Control of identity, culture, heritage, land, governance and future
- Community Tourism-Resilience, participation, self-reliance social justice
- Inclusivity and tourism
- Tourism, Happiness, Health and Wellness
- Technology and Well-being
All accepted submissions, regardless of the presentation format, will have the opportunity to publish a short abstract, extended abstract, or Full Paper in the online conference proceedings. The final published proceedings will not differentiate between presentation formats.
At TTRA 2020, the program will include both traditional oral research sessions, as well as the popular Ideas Fair, an interactive session where academics and practitioners meet as the expert innovators in their field to experience and engage in immersive and interactive multimedia presentations. We also will continue to grow the successful Qualitative Research Workshop and the PhD Student Colloquium.
Key Dates 11 January 2020: Submissions of academic research abstracts due Mid-March, 2020: Acceptance of Abstracts notification 15 April: Final Proceedings Ready Extended Abstract or Full Paper
Submissions are open
- Author Guidelines
- Extended Abstract Template
Note to submit, you will be prompted first to login (if you have previously submitted to TTRA), or create a new login.