Download Full Text (1.1 MB)
This choice board explores how to:
- Learn about protest songs and write a protest song for the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Create a video exploring the history of Black athletes who have engaged in protests.
- Learn about Zelda "Jackie" Ormes, the first African American woman cartoonist, and create a cartoon about her life.
- Explore the contributions of Benjamin Banneker and George Washington Carver to math, science, and politics, and create 3D digital artifacts that represent these contributions.
- And explore many more topics that are covered in Building Democracy for All "Black Lives Matter" Learning Pathway.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.
Maloy, Robert W. and Trust, Torrey, "Black Lives Matter Choice Board" (2022). Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies Educational Materials. 6.